Horror movies wouldn’t be interesting if there weren’t child actors in them. There’s just something about child actors that contribute to the creepiness of a horror movie. Some of the legendary horror movie roles played by children include Samara from “The Ring,” Simon from “The Orphanage,” and the Grady twins from “The Shining.”
What happened to children who played those legendary roles and how do they look now? Let’s find that out:
1. Johhny Depp – A Nightmare on Elm Street – 1984
Johnny’s role of one of Freddy Krueger’s victims, Glen Lantz, made him one of the most famous teen actors in the 1980s.
2. Junio Valverde – The Devil’s Backbone – 2001
Junio didn’t stop acting after playing the part of Santi in “The Devil’s Backbone.” He still makes frequent appearances in TV series, and in movies.
3. Alex Vincent – Child’s Play – 1988
Alex’s role of Andy Barclay in the 1988 movie about Chucky is his most notable role. However, he also appeared in the 1990 and 2013 sequel to “Child’s Play.”
4. Christina Ricci – The Addams Family – 1991
Wednesday Addams is now a successful actress albeit she doesn’t have any formal education in acting.
5. Chloë Grace Moretz – The Amityville Horror – 2005
Moretz’s role of Chelsea in “The Amityville Horror” opened her the doors of success. She’s now one of the most sought after actresses in Hollywood. If you didn’t know, Moretz played the leading role in 2013 film about Carrie.
6. Roger Príncep – The Orphanage – 2007
Roger’s role of Simon in “The Devil’s Backbone” earned him several Goya Awards.
7. Saoirse Ronan – Lovely Bones – 2009
Saoirse won several Golden Globes and BAFTAs for playing in other movies besides “Lovely Bones.”
8. Louise and Lisa Burns – The Shining – 1980
“The Shining” twins were and will be the scariest on screen twins. Today, one of the Shining twins is a scientist while the other one is a successful lawyer.
9. Dakota Fanning – Hide and Seek – 2005
Dakota Fanning is today one of the most successful actresses in Hollywood. Apart from acting, she works as a model as well.
10. Cody Dorkin – Village of the Damned – 1995
Cody isn’t any more an actor, but he’s still connected to the world of acting because he owns a cinema studio.
11. Isabelle Guhrman – Orphan – 2009 .
Isabelle Fuhrman today:
Isabelle’s role of Esther in “Orphan” made her a celebrity and landed her roles in numerous movies. Her most recent notable role was in “Cell”, a 2016 movie based on Stephen King’s novel of the same name.
12. Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick – Omen – 2006
Little Damien from “Omen” pursued a career in acting and you can see him playing in various TV series today.
13. AnnaSophia Robb – The Reaping – 2007
After playing the role of Loren in “The Reaping,” AnnaSophia appeared in “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” and numerous other flicks.
14. Ivana Baquero – Pan’s Labyrinth – 2006
Today, you can find Ivana starring in the popular TV series “The Shannara Chronicles.”
15. Kirsten Dunst – Interview With the Vampire – 1994
Kirsten wouldn’t star in more than 80 movies as of today if she didn’t play Claudia in “Interview With the Vampire.”
16. Miko Hughes – Pet Sematary – 1989
The role of George Creed in “Pet Sematary” enabled Miko to star in popular TV series “Melrose Place” and “Beverly Hills 90210.” His acting career today is dormant.
17. Sissy Spacek – Carrie – 1976
Sissy had a successful career after playing Carrie in “Carrie.” She won three Golden Globes and an Oscar during her impressive career.
18. Jodelle Ferland – Silent Hill – 2006
Besides she starred in “Silent Hill” as Alessa, actress Jodelle Ferland also starred in another horror flick titled “Case 39.”
19. Emily Browning – Ghost Ship – 2002
Did you know that Emily Browning was supposed to play Bella in “Twilight?” She declined the offer for unknown reasons.
20. Linda Blair – The Exorcist – 1973
Linda won a Golden Globe for her portrayal of the possessed girl in “The Exorcist.” However, after that, her career wasn’t successful.
21. Lindsey Haun – Village of the Damned – 1995
Lindsey’s role of a killer child, Mara Chaffee, in “Village of the Damned” still sends us the chills down our spine.
Today, Lindsey Haun writes soundtracks and is engaged in acting as well.
22. Daveigh Chase – The Ring – 2002
Yeah, that’s the actress who played Samara in “The Ring.” Today, Daveigh Chase spends her time voicing cartoons, singing, and riding horses.
She also appears in movies every now and then.
23. John Franklin – Children of the Corn – 1984
John’s role of Isaac Chroner, the cult leader in “Children of the Corn,” is one of the most horrifying roles of all time.
Just until recently, John taught English language and literature, but he got back to acting once again.