Kathy Griffin complains she’s unemployable after being ‘blacklisted’ from Hollywood
By
xdavid

November 27, 2017

Comedian Kathy Griffin said all of her work prospects have completely dried up since her controversial photo shoot simulating a decapitated President Trump, and she blamed a “blacklisting” effort in Hollywood. “I am in the middle of a Hollywood blacklist. It is real. I am not booked on any talk shows.” “When I get home I do not have one single day of paid work in front of me,” she said.

“I know I took a picture that offended a lot of people,” Griffin said, “but this wall of crap has never fallen on any woman in the history of America like it has on me.”

After the backlash from the controversial photo in May, Griffin initially apologized. But three months later, the comedian has retracted her apology. “no, I do not apologize for that photo anymore. I think the outrage is complete B.S.,” she said.

for many comments, check out here

Comedian Kathy Griffin is still trying to recover from her severed head stunt earlier this year. Saturday, in the midst of her “Laugh your head off” tour of Europe, she posted a video on YouTube titled “Kathy Griffin’s State of the Union.” In the clip, Griffin complains she is being blacklisted in the U.S. and says no one wants to have her on television anymore.

“I just want to be honest,” Griffin said. “As far as what we’re going through and hoping this is a turning point for feminism and women’s equality, I just want you to know that at 57, for me it’s not a marathon, it’s a sprint,” she added.

“I’m fully in the middle of a blacklist,” she claimed, “a Hollywood blacklist. It is real. I’m not booked on any talk shows. I’m selling tickets worldwide which is really hard when you don’t have any kind of a television platform and kind of nobody has your back, and everyone thinks you’re crazy but a handful of people think I’m kinda onto something.”

“I just want you guys to know that when I get home I don’t have one single day of paid work in front of me and peopel that want me to go back and start in clubs and do ten minutes again, I don’t mean to be an *sshole but no,” the 57-year-old continued. “I’ve worked way too hard to go back and work for free and do the club scene again, because this is some bulls**t, because I’ve been blacklisted.”

“My legal bills are through the roof,” she said later in the statement.

Griffin later veered off into borderline paranoia saying, “There’s a lot of forces coming against people like me that are trying to do something.”

“I know I took a picture that offended a lot of people,” Griffin said, “but this wall of crap has never fallen on any woman in the history of America like it has on me.”

Griffin has complained before that the photo stunt she pulled has cost her financially and limited her job prospects. She had photographed herself holding a simulated decapitated head of Trump.

After Kathy Griffin was photographed in May holding a fake bloody severed head of President Trump, she issued what appeared to be a heartfelt apology.

But three months later, the comedian has changed her tune about the photo.

In the Australian morning TV show “Sunrise”, Samantha Armytage asked: “But Debra Messing and Chelsea Clinton aren’t Trump fans. If even Democrats said it was out of line, I get that comedy is about pushing the boundaries and being politically incorrect and that’s fine, but do you not agree that that picture, holding up a severed head, I know it’s a mask covered in tomato sauce, but do you not accept that was a little bit over the line?”

“No, you’re full of crap, stop this,” Griffin bluntly replied.
“Stop acting like my little picture is more important than talking about the actual atrocities that the President of the United States is committing.”

“I am no longer sorry. The whole outrage was B.S.,” Griffin told Australian morning TV show “Sunrise”. “The whole thing got so blown out of proportion, and I lost everybody. Like, I had Chelsea Clinton tweeting against me. I had friends, Debra Messing from ‘Will and Grace,’ tweeting against me. I mean, I lost everybody.”

Griffin then took a jab at Trump supporters, saying, “I’ve been through the mill. My entire tour was canceled within 24 hours because every single theater got all these death threats. These Trump fans are hard core. They are a minority, but they know how to act like they’re a majority.”

When Griffin tweeted the photo, she wrote, “I caption this ‘there was blood coming out of his eyes, blood coming out of his … wherever.'” It was a reference to an exchange between Trump and then–Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly during the presidential primary season.

But Griffin quickly apologized for the photo, tweeting a video in which she said, “Hey, everybody, it’s me, Kathy Griffin. I sincerely apologize. I am just now seeing the reaction to these images. I’m a comic. I crossed the line. I move the line. Then I cross it.”

youtube

twitter

youtube Share On Facebook